Monday, November 22, 2010

Endings Are for Gratitude, Beginnings Are for Faith

A message of Thanksgiving from:
 
Since every moment is the beginning of the rest of your life, and every moment is the end of the past, every moment should be governed by the glad affections of both gratitude and faith. 

Looking back is looking on the past providence of God: "As for your, you meant evil against me, but God meant it for good" (Genesis 50:20). And looking forward is looking on the future providence of God: "The heart of man plans his way, but the Lord establishes his steps" (Proverbs 16:9). "Are not two sparrows sold for a penny? And not one of them will fall to the ground apart from your Father" (Matthew 10:29). "Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life" (Psalm 23:6).

Gracious Father, grant me a lowly spirit of gratitude. 
Make me feel the preciousness of past grace.
Give me an honest memory of mercy.
Forgive me for the pride of unremembered
gifts and callous thanklessness.
Waken faith in my wavering soul
and give me strong confidence
in your solid promises.
Where past and future meet
make me humble and bold. 
In Jesus' name 
and for His sake, 
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment